- is quiet - very important when you finally get the little guy to sleep
- has an adjustable speed for the ideal comfort while pumping
- has 2 modes - stimulation mode and letdown mode in order to produce more letdowns per session
- all fits into the little carrier bag (and has room for other essential things like a small purse, phone, etc)
- comes with a wall plug and a battery-powered adapter
- has differently-sized breastshields to get the most comfort and best output
Monday, May 7, 2012
Monday Review: Medela Pump in Style Advanced
I was not paid to endorse this product, these words are my own. Affiliate link.
As much as I've discovered I would rather breastfeed than pump any time, any day, always; if I do have to pump it is made bearable by this kit. In fact, it is a little bit fun using this kit simply because it includes everything you need and is very convenient on the go. Medela, as a brand, comes highly recommended. This breastpump in particular got a great response by all of the nurses and doctors I encountered at the hospital when I went into labor. Not to mention the fantastic online reviews that lead me to purchase it in the first place.
If you make the mistake that I did, which that was wait until directly after giving birth to read the instructions, you might think that all of the settings and modes seem complicated. However, I assure you this is just baby brain mixed with exhaustion. Just try on the pump and play with the different settings until you find what works for you.
One thing you will want to do is purchase the set of different sizes of breastshields because it only comes with one size. I don't know about you, but I have no idea how to tell if it fits by measurement alone (24mm? How do I measure that?) so I just tried the different ones and compared them to the diagram that shows how your nipple should fit in it.
Price for this varies depending on where and when you buy it. I recommend Amazon, because I saw the price actually drop down to $230 at one point, but then it goes up to $300 at times as well. So, keep an eye on it (if you put one in your Amazon shopping cart it updates you to price changes).