Anyways, for the recipes!
Keto-friendly Peanut Butter Cinnamon Sundaes
This one really needs no recipe. Simply find a low-carb ice cream (Safeway Select and Breyer's CarbSmart are two that I know of), layer some all-natural peanut butter in between some small scoops of ice cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon! The ice cream itself is a bit too sweet for me, and the peanut butter some times just isn't much of a treat on its own. A natural combination! The cinnamon really puts it over the top though. We've been having this the last 3 nights. Last night we even whipped up some cinnamon whipped cream and put that one top. Oh man!
(kind of estimating on the amounts here, I usually just based on taste)
Ingredients: 1 head of cauliflower
1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (to taste)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
dash of sriracha
salt and pepper to taste
Cut up and steam or boil the cauliflower until fully cooked. Add all of the other ingredients and mash up in a big pan. If you prefer lighter, less chunky mash then I recommend blending it in a food processor/magic bullet/blender. Reheat on low if the sour cream cooled it too much.
Keto-Friendly Pumpkin Spice syrup
Cook time: ~10 minutes, plus 15 minutes to cool
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups granulated Splenda (not the packets!)
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I thought it was too spicy - maybe only 2tsp)
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Morton's Lite Salt (or regular table salt will work, too)
- 2 tablespoons Libby's 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin
- 1. Combine the water and Splenda in a medium saucepan and stir until blended.
- 2. Cook over medium heat, just to simmering. Don't boil.
- 3. Add the spices and the pumpkin and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, for about 7 minutes, or until mixture has begun to thicken. Again, don't let it boil.
- 4. Remove pan from heat and let it sit for 15 minutes. If a thinner consistency is desired, strain the syrup through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer.
- Store in a jar with a tightly-closed lid in the refrigerator. May be stored up to 1 month
This tends to separate when it sits - just stir it up each time you use it! So glad for this recipe! Love Fall and the flavors and would be a lot less successful in keto if I couldn't have some pumpkin spice!
Low-Carb Pumpkin Custard
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 can pumpkin (7.5oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grated nutmeg to top